Many people using iPad these days. Sometimes they need to reset the iPad because many reasons. For example, they are facing the issue of iPad hang or they want to sell their iPad, and before selling they want to delete data and make iPad factory reset. But most of them don’t know how to reset iPad?. Today I am going to discuss several ways to reset iPad.
Erase all content and settings from iPad
- Go to Setting > General > Reset
- Tap Erase All Content and Setting
Note: If you asked to enter your password then put your password. In case, you have forgotten your password then use Reset the Passcode option to reset your password.
If you asked to put your apple ID then put your Apple ID and If you have forgotten your ID then recover your Apple ID first then go for content deletion.
How to reset an iPad using the computer?
You can also have the option to Erase data from the iPad youing your Macbook. Even you can restore your iPad to a factory setting by using your computer. If you are going to restore to the factory setting then take Backup so that you can restore your data after factory resetting. There are both methods available by using MacBook or by using Windows PC. Here are steps to restore factory settings:
- Connect iPad and your computer by using a cable
- In the Finder sidebar on your Mac: Select your iPad, click General at the top of the window, then click Restore iPad.
- In the iTunes app on a Windows PC, click the iPad button near the top left of the iTunes window, click Summary, then click Restore iPad.
Note: To use the Finder to restore iPad to factory settings, macOS 10.15 or later is required. With earlier versions of macOS, use iTunes to restore iPad.
How to Soft reset iPad?
If your iPad doing issues with hanging then you can do a soft reset to fix these issues. follow the steps below to soft reset the iPad:
- Press and hold the Power button until you see a slider appear on top of your screen or side of the screen
- Swipe right to reset after appearing slider
- With your iPad powered off, hold the Power button and wait for the Apple logo to appear on the screen
Now your iPad is reset and you can use it as a new iPad.
How to Force restart iPad?
Sometimes you need to forcefully restart your iPad because of a hanging Issue. Some devices have the home keys and others are not. So, this method is different for different devices. I will discuss both methods in this guide:
Devices With Home key
- Press both Home Key and Power buttons together and hold till the apple logo appear.
- wait for reboot and after some time your device will be ready to use
Devices Without Home key
- Press and release Volume Up Button
- Press and release the Volume Down Button
- Press your power button and hold till the device is restart
Hopefully, you can get the idea of resetting your iPad by using different methods. Comment below to give your views about the guide.