Download the PS Now – app, connect a controller, and start streaming hundreds of games on demand. No PlayStation 4? No Problem – all you need is a PlayStation Network account and a compatible controller to start playing. Stream the entire PS Now game collection to your Windows PC, on-demand.
How to play PS5 games on PC without Sony PlayStation Remote Play? The PlayStation Remote Play app lets you control your PlayStation console from compatible Windows devices connected to your WiFi. You can download and play PS4 and PS5 games from compatible devices connected to your WiFi, switch between games if need be, open the home screen and browse the gaming menus etc.
Many players would rather use a remote control device such as a phone to play games on the PlayStation Network and other services. Some like to browse the Internet, watch videos, and search for new movies online all while playing their games by controlling the TV with their phone or tablet instead of using a keyboard or flight stick.
It is recommended that you have a 15 Mbps internet service to have the best experience. You must first connect your PC or computer to PS5 in order for it to stream or play PS5 games on it. This article will give you a quick how-to guide on getting this done in just 2 minutes.
How To Play PS5 Games On PC Without Remote Play?
PS5 Remote Play
If you want to keep track of your PlayStation 4 remotely, simply download the PS5 Remote Play application from the PlayStation Store on your PC or Mac and connect it to a high-speed network. See if it meets the following requirements and then follow our step by step guide for how to set up Remote Play on your computer!
You need a PlayStation 4 console, PlayStation Network account, the most recent system software, a high-speed internet connection, wireless DUALSHOCK 4 controller and a USB cable.
How to stream PlayStation 4 games on a PC without a capture card?
Also, if you don’t have a capture card, take advantage of the Restream service. This nifty little tool will enable you to broadcast your PS5 gameplay directly onto several channels.
To do so, log in to your account on the Playstation Network and download the Remote Play client onto your Playstation Vita.
Then connect your device to a computer using a USB cable. Doing so will allow you to access several additional features on your stream, like being able to add overlays to it or stream it directly from your device using Restream, which will enable you to upload your video content to as many channels as you’d like all at once!
- Initiate by downloading and installing the Remote Play client for Windows or Mac.
- Choose an installation route and follow these steps.
- Allow the system to look for updates.
- Link your DUALSHOCK 4 controller to your PC or Mac via USB, and then select Start.
- Continue by familiarizing yourself with Sony’s data collection policies.
- Log in to the PlayStation Network account you created on your PlayStation 4.
- You’ll have to wait a minute for your PC and PlayStation 4 to sync if they’re all linked to the Internet.
- Your PlayStation screen will appear in a browser on your PC.
- In an encoder, such as OBS, this window can be used as a source.
- To make it clear, what the root is, give it a name and confirm that it has been added.
- Choose the correct window for the window capture source, which is RemotePlay.exe.
- You can now start streaming with your PlayStation 4 screen inside your encoder.
It’s important to make sure your PS5 and PC are connected via network cables rather than wirelessly, as there is a chance the video will indeed suffer due to lag. We advise you connect everything with Ethernet so that it can properly send and receive data without any issues.
How to Play PS5 on PC without Remote Play?
It’s possible to play Sony PlayStation 4 games on your laptop or computer via remote play with the help of one USB-C to USB-A cable in a process that is easy for most users. You’ll first need to download an app from the Vita PS5 Remote Play site and create an account (this may take several hours depending on how fast your ISP is)! Here are the steps:
- Download the desktop version from the capture’s official website. It is strongly advised that you update the official app. Both Windows and Mac OS users can quickly access the download links.
- The capture card can now be connected to the laptop. Attach the PS5 to the HDMI out-port and the capture card to the HDMI in-port to complete this procedure.
- You’ll need a USB-Type C to USB-Type A converter to link your capture card to your PC. Using this method, the PC will control the capture card while still accepting the video signal from the same cable. Make sure your USB-A cable is connected to your computer’s USB 3.0 port.
- Now open the desktop application you just downloaded. The capture card will take a few seconds to receive and accept signals. If you’re having problems with the process, you can manually set it up; the procedure is simple.
- Now you can play PS5 games on your computer without using remote play. Your keyboard can also be used as an input device. It will come in useful if you leave your PS5 controller at home or elsewhere. Though it won’t have the same level of excitement as the controller, it will help you solve your problem. It can be a safer choice because there are no other options.
Things to Keep in Mind:
If you want to play PS5 games on a PC but are unable to use Remote Play, we’ll show you some things to keep in mind.
- You can enter data using the keyboard, but it may be slow. You won’t get the same responsiveness and reliability as the controller on your console. If you don’t have your console controller attached and are eager to play, your keyboard will work.
- This approach would not work unless you have a capture card and a USB-Type C to USB-Type A converter, or a converter if your computer has a USB Type-C connection.
- You don’t need to invest in a high-end computer. The PS5 will be the primary device, with the computer serving only as a console. If y our computer isn’t up to the task, as a result, any normal computer will serve for this operation.
Now that you know how to play PS5 games on PC, it’s time to start playing the games you love. The most thrilling part of the process is not only getting to play your PS5 games while on your computer, but also that you get to enjoy gaming with a keyboard and mouse rather than a controller.
If you manage to purchase a console and have the budget, it doesn’t hurt to invest in additional controllers for those moments when friends are around. Even if you don’t have many games, having more controllers is worthwhile as it allows for a much better gaming experience.
Instead of having to do something with a controller like you might have had the habit of doing in your previous living room console, you can easily send an email or browse the internet or watch a video with just a few clicks.
This is not that great of a feeling so we are really hoping that now that you know how best to use your motion-enabled gaming remote, we hope that this article has been useful in teaching you new ways.
Cody is a passionate gamer, writer, and computer programmer who’s always looking for ways to optimize and automate everyday tasks. When he’s not immersed in prose and code, he’s busy tinkering with computers, automating his home, and spending time with his wife and kids.