Here’s how to set up Remote Play on your PC or Mac:
Step 1: Update your PS4. Head to Settings. …
Step 2: Enable Remote Play on the PS4. Head to Settings. …
Step 3: Set the PS4 as your primary system. Head to Settings. …
Step 4: Change the PS4’s power settings. …
Step 5: Install Remote Play on your PC or Mac. …
Step 6: Game time.
How To Play PS4 On Laptop, when someone is already on TV, and you’ve caught the football game at your buddy’s place? It’s a first-class nightmare. The most frustrating thing in the world is to not be able to play video games when the TV is on.
However, owing to modern technology, you can now connect your PS4 to a laptop. Here’s how:
How To Play PS4 On The Laptop?
Since 2013, Sony PlayStation 4 has become the holy grail of console gaming. The PlayStation 4 is a bundle of joy with many great features (including the recent release of an incredibly powerful virtual reality system).
However, one important thing it doesn’t have is portability – something that Microsoft Xbox One and even Nintendo Wii U can brag about.
Unlike tablets and smartphones, the PS4 cannot be used outside of your home and in front of the television.
But what if I told you that Sony has taken your request into account and developed a way to let you play games off-site by either taking advantage of other devices or computations?
Yes, you read that correctly: The PS4 is now compatible with both phones and laptops. You now have entertainment where ever you go! There are more than four ways to connect your PS4 with your phone or laptop. Click here to learn about all these methods.
How To Play PS4 On Laptop Screen Via Remote Play
What if I told you that Sony has officially started offering a means for you to play PlayStation FROM THE COMFORT OF YOUR OWN HOME? (In other words, awesome right?)
Yes, Sony opted for a simple concept by abandoning their previous idea of developing a portable PlayStation just for outdoor use.
The Sony PS4 system supports remote play, meaning you can use your smartphone or computer to connect with and control it from here. Check out this guide to learn more about how to set up and use Remote Play.
What Is Remote Play?
Sony’s new Remote Play app allows you to play PlayStation 4 games on compatible devices. If someone is watching TV, there’s no need to worry — while they might be engaging in something different, you may still be able to play your favorite games on your mobile phone or laptop.
Before downloading and installing the Remote Play, there are several system prerequisites that should be considered. Make sure you have these requirements before proceeding:
- Windows 10 or 8.1 (32-bit and 64-bit, both are acceptable)
- Intel Core i5-560M 2.67 GHz (2.50 GHz processor also works) processor or higher
- Minimum 100MB available space/storage
- Minimum 2GB RAM
- USB Port
- Sound Card
- 1024×768 resolution
How To Download Remote Play On Windows
It’s incredibly easy to download Sony’s Remote Play. It is available on Sony’s official website, but you need the right operating system for your computer.
There are two options for Remote Play. If you choose incorrectly, you won’t be able to use it properly. It’s important to choose the right version in order to make sure nothing goes wrong when trying to install and operate one of these versions.
How To Set Up A PS4 For Remote Play
Let’s get started setting it up now that you have downloaded the correct installation file for Windows.
You can use this software to play PS4 on your laptop instead of the console. Also, the latest update increases its stability. So, if you’ve downloaded Remote Play lately, you’ll have the latest version (2.8).
To install the PlayStation Remote Play for Windows, follow these steps:
Run the installation file once the software has been downloaded. This will bring up a new window and require you to respond in one way or another.
After establishing your PS4 console as per manufacturer instructions, you are ready to begin the process of setting up your game. Don’t forget to download any patches or demos of additional games if applicable.
How To Use PlayStation Now And Play PS4 On Laptop
- To begin, enter your date of birth and area, as well as your language preference, and then click submit.
- Now, go to the top right corner of the screen and click the sign-in option. (For this stage, you may need to alter a few settings) Now you may sign in to your PlayStation account. 1 pic
- Then, at the top of the PlayStation Now homepage, select “start free trial.” You’ll be taken to the browser as a result of this.
- Choose either a 1-month subscription or a 12-month annual subscription from the options provided. When your trial period expires, you will be charged automatically.
- On the left-hand side of the page, select the “pick a version” option.
- Sign in to your Sony Account with your credentials. This is the account that will be used to sign in to PlayStation Now from now on.
- Then select the “7-day trial” option once more.
If your Sony Account does not already have payment billing information saved, you will be prompted to enter payment information for your selected method.
- After you’ve entered your payment information, you may return to the PlayStation Now app and play any game.
Before the trial period expires, you may always cancel the subscription. To do so, go to Sony’s PlayStation settings on your computer and select account management.
Select the PlayStation Now subscriber option from the drop-down menu. Turn off auto-renewal options by de-selecting it.
To play the games, you’ll also need to connect the controller to your laptop. Follow these instructions to connect the controller to your computer:
- To begin, connect your controller to your laptop using the USB wire.
- Now, in the top right corner of your laptop, you’ll see a controller icon; click it to connect the controller.
- The controller should now be connected.
Cody is a passionate gamer, writer, and computer programmer who’s always looking for ways to optimize and automate everyday tasks. When he’s not immersed in prose and code, he’s busy tinkering with computers, automating his home, and spending time with his wife and kids.