How to Fix Minecraft White Screen on Windows 10?
- Set and Allow the Windows Firewall Permission of the Game.
- Install New Updates/Drivers for Your Video Cards.
- From your Task Manager, close the “runtimebroker.exe”
- Install New Updates for the Game (Minecraft) Launcher.
Did you just begin your Minecraft game today and instead of all the exciting defenses you built, you were greeted with a white screen? Oh, I’ve been there too.
This glitch can be really frustrating because no matter how much time you put into restarting your device, the glitch won’t go away.
From running as an admin to uninstalling antiviruses, I tried multiple things but no luck. Then it hit me that simply closing a background service might be the solution, and guess what… Minecraft white screen is as easy to fix as it has always been.
In this guide, you’ll find 5 ways to fix this glitch whether you’re at the bedrock or some other place.
How to Fix Minecraft Windows 10 Stuck on White (Blank) Screen?
Close “runtimebroker.exe” From Task Manager
Yes, that’s it! The Minecraft title screen glitch has been solved by this one simple method, which involves:
- Open Minecraft and let it run.
- Open your task manager using the Ctrl + Shift + ESC key or from your Start menu.
- Click “more details” .
- Find Minecraft running under the “Processes” tab and click on the arrow left to it.
- Select runtimebroker.exe running with Minecraft and click “End Process”.
Please remember that this will not be an everlasting fix, and you’ll need to follow these instructions every time the game is updated.
Update Your System Display Drivers
A good reason for your Minecraft launcher showing a white screen can be outdated display drivers. Here’s how you can update the drivers and fix your problem:
- Open your Control Panel.
- Search and open the Device Manager.
- Locate your “Display Adapters” and right-click to open the menu.
- There, click the Update Driver Software” and follow the on-screen instructions.
- In case you have multiple graphics cards, update each of their drivers individually.
- Wait for them to update and Reboot the system.
- Relaunch the game to see if the problem is solved.
Allow the Game Through Windows Firewall
If you’re playing the game on Windows 10, too, then there’s a possibility that the Minecraft launcher black or white screen glitch may occur for the simple reason that your Antivirus software or Windows Defender are blocking access to the servers.
- Search & open “Windows Defender Firewall”.
- Click “Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall”.
- Include Minecraft.exe in this list by checking the box next to it and the public and private checkboxes.
- Save the changes by clicking OK and reboot the system.
- Now relaunch Minecraft – it should work.
Update Minecraft Launcher
Sometimes you can’t even log in to Minecraft! It takes a long time for the game client to load. Or, the game is crashing with a black screen that says Minecraft has stopped working. The first thing we will troubleshoot is making sure your computer and software are up to date.
- Open the Minecraft launcher.
- You should automatically get the latest version info on the launcher.
- If not, select Latest Release after clicking the arrow to the right of the Play button.
- If you’re not on the latest version, update the launcher or manually download the latest setup file from the official Minecraft website.
- After updating, try re-launching Minecraft and pray it works.
If you’ve made your peace with the fact that all your prayers and hopes have not been answered, there is really just one way to go around this if all is lost – reinstallation.
Sometimes, caches or corrupted files may be the root cause of your Minecraft screen freezing, white screen or an error code. In such a scenario, you can reinstall Minecraft using the following steps:
- Open Control Panel.
- Go to Programs and Features.
- Select Minecraft and Click Uninstall (Or you can right-click it and select uninstall).
- Follow the on-screen instructions to remove Minecraft completely.
- Go to Minecraft’s official website and download the latest version of the game.
- Install Minecraft and launch it to see if this fixed your problem.
To sum it up, many people in the Minecraft Community face the dreaded Minecraft white screen error on Windows 10.
And it is equally easy to fix. A majority of people have found that ‘disabling Runtimebroker.exe’ does the trick.
Which of the fixes worked for you? Do share your experience below and if not, why not?
Cody is a passionate gamer, writer, and computer programmer who’s always looking for ways to optimize and automate everyday tasks. When he’s not immersed in prose and code, he’s busy tinkering with computers, automating his home, and spending time with his wife and kids.