How To Find HP Laptop Battery Model Number? Easy Way to Find Out
- Open the Start menu.
- Click Settings.
- Select System.
- Scroll down the left pane and click About.
- Your model number will appear under Device Specifications.
This article will reveal how to find your HP laptop’s battery number. Then we’ll go over a few simple steps for determining which computer model works best.
How Do I Know Which Battery to Buy for My HP Laptop?
When you need a new battery for your HP laptop, it’s important to know the type of battery that you need. The HP laptops use different types of batteries and they are not interchangeable! If you go out and buy a battery that’s not the right one, it won’t work correctly.
As long as you know what your computer model is and take a look at your current battery, you should be able to find the right replacement elsewhere.
How to Find a Battery Model from the Laptop Model
If you don’t know the specific model number of your Hewlett Packard laptop, the easiest way to discern what it is to check outside typically on the bottom of your computer. The needed data will usually be available in small print or sometimes even a sticker that indicates this information.
Each product is coded with a sticker on the bottom of it, like so:
- Start by going to the Start menu.
- Select Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Choose a system.
- Click About at the bottom of the left window
- Under Device Specifications, you’ll see your model number.
About screen on Windows 10 may show the model number of an HP laptop.
You can do a web search for your model number and “battery” once you’ve discovered it. You can also retrieve the information you need by using a tool on HP’s website.
- Go to the page for the HP Laptop Battery Finder.
- Select the tab for the laptop family you own at the top of the menu.
- On the HP Laptop Battery Finder website, there are tabs for different types of laptops.
Find your laptop model in the left column and make a note of the compatible battery item(s) next to it.
- In the HP Laptop Battery Finder, select a laptop model and a compatible battery.
For electronics like a computer mouse or keyboard, a long-lasting battery is a valuable asset.
How to Find an HP Laptop Battery Model on the Battery
Here’s a general overview of how you can access the internal components of your laptop yourself if plans on replacing it: If you want to know whether or not your battery is removable, check the model number first.
Since every model is different, there’s no one way to illustrate how it works, How To Find HP Laptop Battery Model Number but here are two ways that should give you an idea of how it works on most modern laptops.
For comprehensive instructions for troubleshooting issues related to your printer’s firmware, we encourage you to consult HP’s end-user support website.
IMPORTANT Note: Because this method is more invasive, it may be a risky way to repair the phone – so if you are uncomfortable with removing the battery, proceed with option #1 instead.
- If you have any linked devices, turn off your computer and unhook both the charging wire and any attached gadgets.
- Overturn the laptop.
- Remove the rubber feet if necessary to disclose the screws.
- If your laptop has strip-style rubber feet, gently remove them; they can easily tear.
- Remove all of the screws that hold the laptop’s bottom plate in place. A 00 Phillips screwdriver is normally required for this hardware.
- Keep track of which screws you remove from which holes, as the lengths of the screws may vary. When you rebuild your laptop, ensure sure you put them back in the identical places.
- If required, carefully peel the bottom plate off with a small plastic tool.
- Locate the battery, which should be on the same side as the charging port on the computer.
- The model and power information should be listed immediately on the battery; take note of this information and look for a battery of the same type or with equal specs online or in store.
How do I find out what battery my laptop has?
Laptop batteries are generally one of two types – either lithium-ion or nickel metal hydride. Most laptop manufacturers will have installed the type of battery that uses the least amount of energy to power your computer, which is lithium-ion.
If you’re unable to locate your laptop battery, see whether or not your manufacturer has instructions on how to identify what kind of battery is installed and how long it will last for.
If you still can’t get hold of information that way, there are third party programmers available online that should be able to give you more help in determining what kind of battery your laptop has. One such program is called Battery Care, which provides a wealth of information regarding how to care for an array of different batteries.
How do you check your laptop battery’s health?
There are battery tools built-in Windows 10 and also with macOS you should use. On Windows, enter powercfg /batteryreport /output “c:\battery-report.html” into PowerShell to generate a report.
If your Mac runs OS X 10.11 or later, go to about this mac > system report > energy and select health information. The screen that pops up gives you the overview of the relative health of your MacBook’s batter.
How long does a laptop battery last?
The number of years your laptop battery lasts for is determined by a few key factors, including its kind and how it’s been used. These batteries typically last you two to four years or around 1,000 complete charge cycles if well taken care of.
Cody is a passionate gamer, writer, and computer programmer who’s always looking for ways to optimize and automate everyday tasks. When he’s not immersed in prose and code, he’s busy tinkering with computers, automating his home, and spending time with his wife and kids.