There are several ways to do factory reset on Asus laptop. Here are the best ways:
- Factory Reset ASUS Laptop with Boot
- Factory Reset ASUS Laptop with Partition Data
- Factory Reset ASUS Laptop with Windows Recovery Environment
- Reset ASUS Laptop with Built-in Administrator Account
- Reset ASUS Laptop by Recovering Microsoft Password Online
Are you worried about losing data on your Asus laptop after a factory reset? When the computer is reactivated, it comes with default settings that enhance its performance.
Factory Reset ASUS Laptop with Boot
- Click the power button located on the lower right corner of the ASUS login screen.
- Press the shift key and click Restart.
- Click Troubleshoot under Choose an Option. Then Reset this PC.
- You will receive a warning with Remove Everything. Choose this option, then the system will reboot.
- Choose between the options: Just remove my files or Fully clean the drive. Go with either of the options that work best for you.
- Click Reset. Your system will proceed with resetting your laptop, so you will have to wait until it finishes.
- Click Finish to reboot ASUS laptop.
- You will be able to enter your laptop without a password.
Factory Reset ASUS Laptop with Partition Data
- Press the F9 key as you boot the system. You will be redirected to a page asking you to choose a boot device.
- Click Windows Boot Manager, then select your preferred language. Click Next.
- In the ASUS Preload Wizard page, you will be asked to choose from three options: Recover Windows to first partition only, Recover Windows to entire HD with two partitions, or Recover Windows to entire HD. Click Next, then Reset.
- Factory reset process will begin.
- Click Finish to reboot your ASUS laptop.
- You may now enter your laptop without a password.
Factory Reset ASUS Laptop with Windows Recovery Environment
- Turn off your ASUS laptop and remove all external devices, including the mouse, keyboard, and power chord.
- Once no external media is attached, click the Restart button to reboot the laptop. Keep pressing the Shift key while the laptop is booting up.
- Choose Troubleshoot when a new window appears.
- Click Restart this PC.
- Choose between Keep my files or Remove everything.
- Click Continue, and the process will begin.
- Click Finish to restart the laptop.
- You can now access your ASUS laptop without a password.
Reset Asus Laptop with Built-in Administrator Account
- Enter your Windows Set-up Disk
- Power on your laptop.
- Enter the Boot Menu and select CD-ROM Drive.
- Press the F10 key, and Enter to save the changes and Exit.
- Press any key on your keyboard, then choose your preferred language.
- Enter Advanced Options, then Command Prompt.
- Replace “osk.exe” with “cmd.exe” in the system drive where your operating system is located.
- Close the command prompt and restart your laptop.
- When you get to the log-in screen, click Ease of Access, then On-Screen Keyboard.
- Activate administrator account with prompt “net user administrator /active:yes”
- Close the command prompt and restart your laptop.
Reset ASUS Laptop by Recovering Microsoft Password Online
- On your ASUS login page, click I forgot my password.
- You will then be redirected to the Microsoft account service to recover your account by resetting your password and security information.
- To continue with this method, you need to enter your Microsoft account details. This can be any of your email addresses ending in a Microsoft domain, such as outlook.com or hotmail.com.
- Enter the characters on the screen to prove you’re not a robot, then click Next.
- To verify your identity, enter the code that was sent to the Microsoft account you just entered. Click Next.
- If you added security information to your Microsoft account, you will receive a one-time code for the alternate phone or email address you provide.
- Set your new password after entering the code on the screen.
However, if the operating system malfunctions during this process (or otherwise), it will be necessary to restore the OS. how to factory reset Asus laptop without password alternatively and most importantly.
If you plan to sell it or pass it down to somebody else, make sure all data is erased first in order to prevent misuse of personal information on your PC.
How You Can Factory Reset The Asus Laptop
Malware may return again and again, but security software is there to help. One of its tasks is to scan your files and clean them as well as remove any damaged files on your device.
Related Article: How to Factory Reset Samsung Laptop
That way you have a fresh start which means that if someone tries to do something bad with the data by hacking into your devices, it probably won’t work.
How One Can Factory Reset The Windows 10?
In short, Windows 10’s Reset feature will wipe your entire system clean of any and all malware the makers of your device initially installed with it. You cannot back up your data with this feature.
Therefore, if you decide to use a disk partitioning tool in order to completely delete all the data on your Windows 10 hard drive, how to restart a Asus laptop currently installed programs and files will be erased as well.
Step – 1
- First go to “Settings” on your ASUS laptop.
- The click “Update & Security” and then “Recover”.
- Now There will be a “Get Started” button underneath the “Reset this PC” option.
Step – 2
- Once when you had clicked on the “Get Started,” a new window will appear.
- Now in order to factory reset your laptop, select the “Restore Factory Settings” option.
Step – 3
You may then select the right choices on your screen based on the needs of your laptop. There are two options – if you choose, you can uncheck all the default settings and only uninstall the installed programs which were downloaded.
Alternatively, Asus laptop hard reset you may go through and do a clean sweep by removing everything in the browser’s cache or resetting it to factory standards.
Step – 4
The restore button is found on the message that appears last. Should the need ever arise, you can reset your workstation’s factory settings by clicking on the option than following the instructions it provides to reach a “factory reset.”
Resetting The Windows 7 ASUS Laptop
The device is insecure because Microsoft will not send more critical security updates.
Before upgrading to Windows 10, it is highly recommended that you at least have an antivirus on your computer so it can be secure from any viruses and other malicious software developers may try to use against you.
Step – 1
- First go to the Start menu on your Windows 7 ASUS laptop.
- Now go to the Control Panel and here choose Programs and Features.
Step – 2
- Here you should select System & Security under View.
- Then choose category
Step – 3
- Now back up your data and restore it if is necessary.
Step – 4
- Find the option to “Recover your computer’s system settings” in the Recovery tab.
- Then go ahead and click it.
Step – 5
- Here you can find advanced recovery methods by selecting the link.
Step – 6
- If you made a system image, you might choose to reinstall using the image instead of an installation disc.
Step – 7
When the prompt appears, always make sure you select ‘Backup Now’ in order to create a backup of all important files.
Step – 8
- Press Restart to start your laptop again. If you want to boot up using a USB device, you can insert it in the USB port located on the side and press restart. how to reset asus laptop If you wish to use this function, please make sure that you are familiar with installing your operating system or that you have support from ASUS; we do not take responsibility for any data loss incurred while you attempt to install running OSes on alternative devices.
Step – 9
In the process, you’ll have to back up any information that you wish to save. Then, you can perform the steps again to troubleshoot Windows or reinstall it.
This will remove thumb drives and other hardware devices installed on your disk, as well as any personal data.
Factory Reset the ASUS Laptop Using the Prompt Command
In the case of a damaged recovery partition, you should send it back if the warranty still applies. reset Asus laptop If there are no repair services available, you’ll get in touch with LG to see if there are any other options left.
If you ever discover that your laptop freezes up and refuses to move past the Windows logon page, hold in Shift as you press Restart from this page. This should trigger Safe Mode.
- First click the facility icon,
- Then hold down “Shift”
- Now click on the “Restart”).
Moreover, you can choose to troubleshoot after Windows restarts. You can choose advanced options from the Troubleshooting menu, then start-up settings. The laptop will restart in Safe Mode if you press 4 or F4.
You can open the Safe Mode sub prompt by typing “rstui” into the Run window or Start menu. Then press Enter after typing cmd into a Command Prompt window.
When this command is run, the System Restore wizard may pop up. To reset your ASUS laptop using these steps, follow the link below:
Factory Reset your ASUS Laptop Using The Default Reset Option.
Users have a choice to “Restore Factory Settings” and choose between deleting the Windows partition or erasing all installed drives.
Users can also choose how they want to erase their hard drive, whether it’s all content in your drive or just the drive itself. measures login Another option is the ability to plug in a thumb drive.
- When in the beginning menu, select settings.
- Then Under The Settings, select Update & security, then click Start.
- Under Reset this PC, click Start.
- You can keep your files, remove everything, or restore factory settings on the following screen
Restart the laptop once the procedure is finished. Restoring Asus laptops without a disk is often an effective method.
Reset Asus Laptop with The Hidden Partition
The ASUS computer has a Windows Boot Partition that contains a hidden partition of the old operating system.
The computer automatically hides this partition behind another operating system. You can access and boot from the hidden partition on a restart if you mash or hold down F9 as soon as you see the blue screen with the Windows logo.
This will bring you to the Windows Boot Manager, which allows you to choose whether to boot into your previous OS or the newer version of one.
Click the “Next” button to select your language preference. Once you do this, you will have three options to choose from when restoring your computer from backup: either only the first partition in a disk, or both partitions with the entire disk, or just for the second partition in a disk.
You will only remove the primary partition from the drive – the rest will remain intact.
Choosing the opposite option wipes all partitions, whereas the third (bottom) option is for people who want to create two partitions with one containing Windows and the other remaining blank.
If you wish to confirm your selection, click next and recovery will take care of itself.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does a hard reset do?
When resetting your device to its factory settings, it’s important to keep a few things in mind. This procedure should be repeated if you want to sell your device or replace it due to damage.
If you’re frustrated by unexpected issues with various applications present on your phone, restoring your phone may be the last resort for solving these problems pre-installed software and personal data will be deleted so make sure this is what you want before proceeding to perform a full reset.
Does factory reset delete everything laptop?
Formatting the hard drive before reinstalling the operating system will not delete everything, nor will reset to factory settings. The only way to erase a drive completely is by using secure erase software.
Our team has put together a list of the most confusing and annoying topics – “How To Factory Reset Asus Laptop.” Additionally, if you have purchased the laptop online, we recommend trying our DIY (Do It Yourself) process rather than going through an outside contractor.
If you try one method after another until you succeed, it is not complicated. Alternatively, if you do decide to go with another set-up type, PassFab 4WinKey might be worth checking out.
Windows operating systems are highly compatible with it, making it easy to use.
Cody is a passionate gamer, writer, and computer programmer who’s always looking for ways to optimize and automate everyday tasks. When he’s not immersed in prose and code, he’s busy tinkering with computers, automating his home, and spending time with his wife and kids.