Do you want to connect the printer with the laptop but don’t know how to connect printer to laptop? Don’t worry I am here to assist you. As we know, the printer is a basic gadget in every office, institute, and business. Even you are an engineering student and using the laptop for autocad or a medical student. You need to know how to connect y Most of the time we don,t know how to connect. We can connect the printer with the laptop both wirelessly and wired. In this article, we are going to discuss both ways.
How to Connect Printer to Laptop with Wired
- Turn on your laptop and printer
- Plug the USB cable of the printer in the given port of your laptop
- Go to the setting of your laptop
- Click devices
- Go to Printer or Scanner
- If Windows detects your printer, click on the name of the printer and follow the on-screen instructions to finish the installation. And you’re done.
If Windows doesn’t find your connected printer, click on the “The printer that I want isn’t listed” link.Here you can connect your printer with a laptop by using a wire.
How to Add a Wireless Printer
- Turn on your printer and laptop
- Make sure both devices are connected with Wifi
- Open the app or web browser for the document you want to print.
- Open the document you want to print and select the printer Icon
- Select your printer from the list
- Press (Ctrl+P) or print button
Add a Printer in Windows 8 and Windows 7
Accessing the settings to add a wireless printer to a Windows 8 or Windows 7 laptop is slightly different.
- Go to Start and select Devices and Printers
- Select Add a printer
- In the Add Printer Icon, select Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer
- In the list of available printers, select the printer
- Select Next
- Windows might need to install the printer driver. If so, select Install driver to continue
- Complete the steps in the wizard and press finish